Wednesday, September 16, 2009
One of my all time favorite desserts is creme brulee :) it makes me happy just thinking about it!!
so i defineatly need to put the recipe on this blog
1 tub/cup (250ml) cream
1 cup (250ml) milk (full cream)
4 eggs (3 whole and 1 egg yolk)
60 ml (4 tablespoons) sugar or xylitol
2 teaspoons vanilla ess or 1 vanilla pod
1) in a small saucepan put the milk, cream and vanilla ess or pod and slowly bring to the boil - just before it boils over is bubbling remove from stove top.
2) in a bowl/jug mix together the 3 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk and the xylitol/sugar.
3) pour the boiled milk/cream into the egg mixture while stirring quickly the entire time
4) pour into ramekins or tea cups.
5) place the cups in an oven proof dish with boiling water half way up the outsides of the cups/ramekins and place in the oven of 160 degrees celcuis
6) bake for 15 - 20 min and remove from oven when there is a set layer on top of the mixture when you tilt the custard -it ripples or moves abit from underneath the milk skin
let it cool then place in the fridge for a minimum of 2-3 hours
they can be kept in the fridge covered for 3 or 4 days
take out and sprinkle castor sugar on top and caramelise with a chefs blow torch or put inder the grill of the oven but watch CAREFULLY as it will burn very easily