Yum Yum Yum
I stumbled across this recipe and decided to make up my own version - while using some of the basic measurements as a guideline i concocted some very yummy choc biscuits that i must say are soo good.
200 grams Real Butter
1/3 Cup Sugar or Xylitol
1 & Half Cups rice Flour or Wheat flour
1 & Half Tablespoons Cocoa or Carob Powder
1 generous Cup Rice Krispies
1/4 Cup Coconut
a little extra castor sugar if you wish to make it sweeter
50 grams Dark Choc for melting on Top
1) Lightly grill the coconut in the oven until light brown - WATCH IT DOESN'T BURN!!! and leave it to cool.
2) Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Stir in sifted flour and cocoa then the slightly crushed Rice Krispies and the toasted coconut
4) Roll into smallish balls and flatten slightly - mixture can be crumbly so press tigether hard inbetween the palms of your hands and then shape
5) Place on greased oven/ baking trays and allow a little space inbetween each biscuit
6) Bake at 150 degrees celcius for +/- 25 min
7) Allow biscuits to cool then drizzle with melted dark chocolate and leave to set
8) serve with tea or Just Eat!
*TIP* i try to use as little sugar or Xylitol as possible so these biscuits are not to sweet - if you have a sweet tooth add more sugar, prehaps 3 more tablespoons of it!