- buy a slab or 2 of chocolate (100g) and a tub of cream (250ml)
- make sure its good quality chocolate :) treat yourself
- place half the tub of cream (125ml) in a double boiler - or in a bowl over a pot of boiling water and heat if up
- place in the slab/s of chocolate and stir every now and then until melted
- you should have a goopy mess of chocolate and cream - num
- try not to eat it
- now you can decide - to either 1) make chocolate mousse or 2) make an awesome hot chocolate
- for the choc mousse - take the choc cream off the heat and let cool slightly. While its cooling separate 3 eggs (whip the whites on there own until soft peaks form and then add 3 tablespoons of sugar to the egg whites and beat till medium to stiff peaks form). Whisk the yellows a little - stir these into the choc cream mixture. Now stir the beaten egg whites into the choc cream mixture. whip the remaining half a tub of cream until soft to medium stiffness and stir into the choc cream mixture - spoon into cups and place in the fridge for atleast 2 hours to set. you could eat right away but will be a bit runny.
- Awesome hot choc - take your choc cream mixture and add 1 and a quarter cups of milk and keep heating on the stove slowly until almost bubbling. Add some vanilla and a tiny sprinkling of salt (just a tiny pinch) pour into mugs and stir in some sugar to taste (if you wish). Whip the remaining half a tub of cream until medium peaks and spoon on top.
I would do both :)
ps. I forgot to say you can make this into truffles to :) just take the choc cream mixture place in the fridge and leave till set then roll into bite sized balls and roll in cocoa. Place back in the fridge and eat as required - num